Although most of my black and white pictures are on my other website www.tedsblackandwhitepictures.com I decided that I would put a sample of my favorite black and white photos on this website. As a result this page will feature pictures of when I started to take photos with a Canon AL-1 Quick focus camera, in early 2013.
I must confess. I truly love black and white photos. My preference of taking black and white photos over color is simple. I believe that black and white photos truly describes the moment. It tells the truth if you understand what I mean. I find color masks the picture at times. I love the way black and white portraits the outdoors. I love pictures of snow falling, rivers, mountains in black and white. It seems that black and white film truly captures the openness of being outside.
The collection I included in this gallery are my favorites so far in this new hobby that I have immersed myself in. There are pictures from my recent trip to Africa, Lake Louise in the Rockies, the Vedder River and the magnificent Fraser Valley where I live. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them.
- Black & White (franklinlikearetha.wordpress.com)
- Photo 7, Black and White (puckett724.wordpress.com)
- A Black and White Memorial (andreablossom.wordpress.com)
- Black and White (donthesitateandgo.wordpress.com)
- A Study in Black and White (thenealmiller.wordpress.com)
- Taking on Black and White Photography (ninahaighphotography.wordpress.com)
beautiful black and white photos. I am getting in the habit of taking black and white photos myself too.
Same with me. I enjoy black and white photographs more than color. They just look more realistic than color.